Friday, December 21, 2007

Windows Server 2008

My company purchased a very nice computer for some testing I am doing. Right now, the computer is running Vista Ultimate on 4GB of RAM and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (Roughly 2.30 GHz). I have Virtual Server 2005 R2 running a few virtual machines. The first virtual machine is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. The second virtual machine is Windows XP Media Center Edition. Today, I am adding a third machine to the mix: Windows Server 2008 RC! I purchased an Intel Quad Ethernet card for the computer. With the card, I am able to assign an individual ethernet cable to each virtual machine (I had to mess around with settings of each port to be able to assign them to an individual VM).

Man... I am such a geek! I love technology!

When I am done, I will have 4 computers running in one box... How cool is that?!

No comments: