Friday, August 17, 2007

Long Night

So... I was supposed to go flying last night with a friend from Richmond. I was very excited about the flight. We planned to fly around the Richmond area and I was going to take a bunch of pictures.

About the time I was supposed to head to the airport, a storm started rolling in... So much for flying...

For at least 8 hours, that storm pelted Richmond with rain, lightning and thunder. It was an AMAZING act of God. I do not think I have ever seen so much lightning in my life. It was constant for hours and hours. We stepped outside during parts of it to watch the bolts flying.

I didn't sleep a wink last night as a result of this storm. Just about the time I fell asleep, another bolt would hit nearby and... BABOOM... I would be awake again.

Just after the storm started, we drove by a local Target. They are in the middle of adding onto the store. The fenses around the store and scaffolding had fallen... That must have been some wind!

I will never forget standing outside watching the lightning... What an amazing Creator we serve!

No comments: