Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Rotation!

We have had a LOT of rain in Central Virgina this week. Storm after storm after storm... Last night, while Tiffany and I were eating dinner, the wind picked up and it was mildly strong. I decided to open a few more blinds in our dining room so we could see more outside. While opening one of the blinds, I noticed a particularly low cloud. As it passed in front of our house (Maybe a hundred yards or so), I noticed that it had rotation! I watched it for a few more seconds then ran to grab my cell phone. Although it did not touch down and turn into a tornado, we saw a definate funnel cloud!! I called the National Weather Service in Wakefield to report what I saw. Although there were no warnings or watches, he confirmed that particular cell looked a little odd to them.

There wasn't any damage, but it was amazing to see. The terrible part of the whole ordeal is that I forgot to grab my camera to take a picture... Oh well...

No comments: