Tuesday, June 20, 2006

500 Ghz Processor for Your 111 Megapixel Camera!

Two news stories have hit the web this week that I have to blog about.

First, we have been introduced to the 111 Megapixel camera from DALSA. Albeit, there are larger options available... This is just phenominal! Just a few years ago, I would have stuck my nose up to digital. It just was not ready for the world. Today, I have a digital camera with me all the time (My cell phone right now). We have taken over 17,000 pictures over the past two years as a result of digital technology. Sites like Flickr have made it possible for amateur photographers to thrust themselves into the public eye.

Second, we have been introduced to the overclocked 500 Ghz processor. Come again? That's right. Today, I am using a 1.73 Ghz computer, but tomorrow I could be using a computer that is over 250 times FASTER....

Granted, both of these stories speak of technology that is still unobtainable by the general public, but it still neat to see innovation like this. Now, we just need to boost the RAM, build bigger hard drives and get that bus speed up!

No comments: