Friday, January 11, 2008

Gmail Hiccup

Google must be up to some sort of 'evil' today. This morning, as usual, I opened up Outlook to get my work email from exchange and my Gmail email via IMAP. After coming back from lunch, I noticed that Outlook was showing me a message that it could not connect to Gmail. So, I logged into Gmail and noticed that my chat feature was gone, IMAP was gone and I had the invitation box showing up again. I suspect Google accidentally reverted my account to some earlier state, but I hadn't lost any email.

While typing this article, I hit the refresh button on Gmail... Boom... Everything is back to normal. Outlook is working as normal. Chat feature is back. Invitation box is gone.

Odd...

Edit: Looks like I am not the only one having problems with Gmail.

No comments: