Monday, September 25, 2006

Silicon Valley, California

Tiffany and I are settling back into real life this week after a visit to San Jose, California last week.

Our adventures began on Saturday, September 16 with separate flights to San Jose. My flights were all messed up going to California, so our luggage also got messed up... I think it finally arrived Sunday afternoon (Note to self: Never fly through Chicago again... Oh, never fly United either).

When we arrived in California, our "son" met us. Mark is a long time friend from college and he flew himself up from the LA area to spend Sunday with us. We call him our son because he practically lived with us for a year during college.. Good times!

Sunday morning, we took a trip on the Roaring Camp Railroad! We rode an old Shay Steam Locamotive up into a mountain filled with giant redwood trees. We will post pictures on Flickr shortly. After riding the railroad, we drove up the coast to San Francisco! We drove down the famous Lombard street, walked around the touristy places and drove across the Golden Gate Bridge... Again, I will post pictures soon.

Monday morning put a stop to the tourism as I began my week long intensive study of Polycom Certified Video Engineer training... The course is very intense but wonderful. While I was in training, Tiffany spent time in and around San Jose. She had a great time and did not want to leave.

Since we were in Silicon Valley, we made sure to visit a few of my favorite places: Google, Yahoo, Intel, Apple, etc... Those pictures will also be posted soon!

Friday evening, before getting a couple hours of sleep and flying home, we drove to San Luis Obispo to see my step brother and his wife (JT and Demetria). We had a great time with them and caught up on a few years worth of information (Yeah, time travels WAY too fast around here).

Once again, our luggage was lost on the way back from California, but it arrived shortly before I had to pick Tiff up from the airport.

Now we get to settle back into life and the rush. Hopefully, I will be able to take my cerification test soon and add "CVE" to my list of accomplishments. I am very excited about this certification as it is very comprehensive in the video conferencing world. It also comes at a good time and coincides with my recent promotion.

Well, time to get back to the grind stone!

No comments: