Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Avondale Brush Fire

Yesterday, around 4:30pm, I was swimming with Hope and Pacey. I noticed some gathering clouds and heard some thunder. We decided to be safe and get out of the pool. After drying off, I looked out my bedroom window and saw a beautiful lightning bolt strike near the mountains. A few minutes later, I looked again and saw a plume of smoke rising!

This is the second Avondale brush fire that we have witnessed recently. This one seems to be bigger and more intense than the last one we saw.

At last report, I heard that over 1,000 acres had burned. Due to so many fires in California, we are apparently having difficulty getting air support (The fire is a little difficult to get to). It looks like the fire died down a lot last night, but the valley is filled with smoke today (Yuck!). Let's hope it stays down!

I have posted some pictures of the fire on Flickr.

No comments: