Friday, May 09, 2008

Thousands of Miles Later...

Quiz: Where is Jim right now... Based on a quick study of this blog, you may be able to guess that I am sitting in an airport. Yup... Right now, I am in my old favorite: Richmond, VA.

The past two weeks have been fast and furious.

On Friday, April 25, I took a day off work to drive from Phoenix, AZ to Irvine, CA. Tiffany and I took a mini trip to visit our good friend Mark. Mark was our "adopted son" during college and it has been a while since we last saw him. The drive to California was nice. It was good to drive and spend time with Tiffany. On Saturday, we went flying with Mark. Mark basically has his own airplane and loves to fly! After an hour and a half flight at about 1500 feet, we landed at Santa Barbara. The flight was awesome: We flew over Los Angeles, Hollywood, the ocean and Malibu. Once we landed in Santa Barbara, we walked to the ocean for lunch and sun. It was VERY relaxing! Our trip back to Corona was also very nice. The next day, we went to church with Mark and then drove to Las Vegas, Nevada.

From Sunday through Friday, we were in Las Vegas. This time, Tiffany got to relax while I walked many miles at Interop. The conference and expo were filled with incredibly valuable information that I hope to use very soon. On Friday, May 2, we drove home. Actually, I dropped Tiffany off in Prescott, AZ and I drove home from there. Once I made it home, our car had 1060 new miles on it. I quickly unpacked the car, changed into a suit and drove to the church.

At church, I helped with a senior honors banquet and a long evening of laser tag. To say the least, I was dead when I arrived back home (About 4:30 am on Saturday).

Two days later, I was back on an airplane to Richmond, VA. My week in Richmond was spent training a new guy and visiting some friends (Two of our Richmond friends have recently had babies, so it was nice to see the newborns). The training went fairly well, but was constantly interrupted. Consequently, I need to figure out another strategy for transfering knowledge!

So... Here I am... Getting ready to board another plane to journey home. In a few hours, I will be home with my lovely wife. I think it is time for a vacation!

No comments: